Terms of Service
Please read these terms of service (“terms”, “terms of service”) carefully before using the www.smartalacarte.com Website (the “service”) operated by Smart à la Carte, LLC (“us”, “we”, “our”).
Conditions of Use
We will provide our services to you, which are subject to the conditions stated below in this document. Every time you visit this Website, use its services or make a purchase, you accept the following conditions. This is why we urge you to read them carefully:
1) You acknowledge that you are the applicant, will write all essays and application materials, and are responsible for all aspects of the essays, resumes, and/or other documents. Smart à la Carte does NOT write, draft, compose, or complete essays, and it does not “put notes together.”
2) You will not hold Smart à la Carte, its officers, consultants, and representatives liable for any denied admissions to any undergraduate, graduate or professional program, school or any denial of employment.
3) We have made NO representations about what our service will do for your chances of admission to any undergraduate, graduate or professional school or program or for your chances of employment at any institution, corporation, business, or government agency.
4) Services described on the Smart à la Carte Website, smartalacarte.com, that are purchased by the client from Smart à la Carte, are provided “AS IS” without any warranty of any kind, either express or implied. In no event will Smart à la Carte, its officers, directors, employees, consultants, and representatives be held liable for any damages of any kind, including without limitation compensatory, direct, indirect, or consequential damages, loss of income or data, loss of or damage to property, and claims of third parties arising from any clients’ rejection from any undergraduate, graduate, or professional program of any kind. Smart à la Carte disclaims any and all implied or express warranties, including but not limited to, the essays’, resumes’, or letters’ fitness for a particular purpose and your fitness for any job or undergraduate, graduate or professional program.
6) Smart à la Carte’s services can be ordered à la carte, that is, a separate price for each service listed. In this manner, you are at liberty to self-pace your higher education search without any pressure to purchase a package, of which additional services might not be conducive to your personal needs.
7) You understand and agree to our refund policy, which is as follows:
- Smart à la Carte does not issue refunds for work already performed; only for those services in which work has yet to be performed.
- Should you need to cancel your order(s), a written request via e-mail must be made to email@example.com with your name, purchase order number, and a description of the services you wish to cancel. Note that you will be charged for work already performed. You will receive confirmation of the services you wish to cancel, and an estimate of charges for work already performed.
- As all services are prepaid, research on services requested will commence once funds have been confirmed as received by Smart à la Carte. You may refer to your banking institute’s policy on payment processing time.
- Once payment has been received, please allow 7 – 10 business days for research fulfillment. Turnaround times will vary depending on the number of services ordered.
8) While we are happy to explain our services to parents, students, or other potential payors, Smart à la Carte does not work with applicant proxies. Our client(s) is/are the parent(s)/legal guardian(s) working in tandem with the student-applicant or the student-applicant if they are paying for their own higher education research services.
9) Smart à la Carte reserves the right to refuse service to anyone.
10) Any and all disputes arising under this agreement and not resolved through negotiation shall be resolved through binding arbitration according to the rules of the American Arbitration Association. The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and binding on the parties and may be entered and enforced in any court of common jurisdiction by either party. If there is any legal action arising from this Agreement, the prevailing party will be entitled to receive reasonable attorney and expert witness fees and costs.
11) Unless otherwise specified herein, this agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the client and Smart à la Carte with respect to the services purchased by the client from Smart à la Carte and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written, between the client and Smart à la Carte with respect to the services purchased. This Agreement shall be interpreted through its plain and literal meaning and shall be construed in accordance with the laws of the State Nevada.
12) Smart à la Carte may revise and update the prices of the services that it offers at any time without notice.
13) Smart à la Carte may revise and update these Terms of Service from time to time at our sole discretion. All changes are effective immediately when we post them on our Website, and apply to all purchases of services made after they are posted.
Smart à la Carte welcomes your questions or comments regarding our Terms of Service:
Smart à la Carte, LLC
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective as of June 25, 2020
Content published on this Website (digital downloads, images, texts, graphics, logos) is the property of Smart à la Carte and/or its content creators and protected by international copyright laws. The entire compilation of the content found on this Website is the exclusive property of Smart à la Carte, with copyright authorship for this compilation by Smart à la Carte, LLC.
The entire communication with us is electronic. Every time you send us an e-mail or visit our Website, you are going to be communicating with us. You hereby consent to receive communications from us. If you subscribe to the news on our Website, you are going to receive regular e-mails from us. We will continue to communicate with you by posting news and notices on our Website and by sending you e-mails. You also agree that all notices, disclosures, agreements and other communications we provide to you electronically meet the legal requirements that such communications be in writing.
By visiting this Website, you agree that the laws of the state of Nevada, without regard to principles of conflict laws, will govern these terms of service, or any dispute of any sort that might come between Smart à la Carte, LLC and you, or its business partners and associates.
Any dispute related in any way to your visit to this Website or to products you purchase from us shall be arbitrated by state or federal court [your location] and you consent to exclusive jurisdiction and venue of such courts.
Comments, Reviews, and E-mails
Visitors may post content as long as it is not obscene, illegal, defamatory, threatening, infringing of intellectual property rights, invasive of privacy or injurious in any other way to third parties. Content has to be free of software viruses, political campaign, and commercial solicitation.
We reserve all rights (but not the obligation) to remove and/or edit such content. When you post your content, you grant Smart à la Carte non-exclusive, royalty-free and irrevocable right to use, reproduce, publish, modify such content throughout the world in any media.
License and Site Access
We grant you a limited license to access and make personal use of this Website. You are not allowed to download or modify it. This may be done only with written consent from us.
If you are an owner of an account on this Website, you are solely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your private user details (username and password). You are responsible for all activities that occur under your account or password.
We reserve all rights to terminate accounts, edit or remove content and cancel orders in their sole discretion.